The Army Dance Company LTD
- Introduction and policy statement
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Responding to incidents, suspicions and allegations of abuse involving children and vulnerable adults
- Allegations of abuse against staff members and visitors
- Photography and filming of children and/or vulnerable adults
- Code of behaviour and good practice
- Safeguarding Children at events or activities
- Policy on the prevention of bullying
- Managing behaviour, discipline, and acceptable restraint
- Staff, teachers, visitors or The Army Dance Company LTD members already under investigation.
- Review of policy and procedures
The Army Dance Company LTD is an organisation run by Beckie Hughes. The Army Dance Company LTD has adopted the safeguarding children’s policy and expects every adult working or helping at The Army Dance Company LTD to support and comply with it. Consequently, this policy will apply to all staff, teachers and anyone working on behalf of The Army Dance Company LTD.
The protection of children and vulnerable adults is important to The Army Dance Company LTD. The aim of The Army Dance Company LTD Policy and Procedures on Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults (the “Policy”) is to ensure that children and vulnerable adults with who The Army Dance Company LTD comes into contact are well protected and that there is a system in place to protect their welfare.
- This policy is intended to protect children or young people who receive any service from us.
- As an organisation, we believe no children or young people should experience should experience abuse or harm and are committed to the protection of young people and children, and this policy is intended to provide guidance and principles to those who represent us as teachers or staff.
- The Army Dance Company LTD believes that; the welfare of the child is paramount, that all children regardless of age, disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or identity, or religious belief have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse. Adults can be deemed to be at risk of harm as a consequence of the personal care and support they receive from others rather than because of a particular impairment or illness.
All staff members who work with children or vulnerable adults at The Army Dance Company LTD will receive a copy of this Policy as part of their induction and thereafter will be required (as appropriate) to refresh, expand or update their knowledge related to subject of safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
Trainees will be provided with copy of this Policy on the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults as part of their programme of study and thereafter will be required (as appropriate) to refresh, expand or update.
The Army Dance Company LTD will embrace the guidance contained in ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children 2013’. This covers the legal requirements of and expectations on individual services to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to 4 provide a clear framework for Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB’s) to monitor the effectiveness of local services.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
The Army Dance Company LTD will seek to safeguard children and vulnerable adults by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- Adopting child protection procedures
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, vulnerable adults, parents, staff and the companies and organisations with which we work
- Sharing information about concerns with the appropriate agencies
- Implementing a code of conduct and policy
- Ensuring safer recruitment, selection and vetting of staff x providing effective management through supervision, appraisal, support, training and development
- Providing a safeguarding committee with strategic responsibility and oversight of all safeguarding arrangements across The Army Dance Company LTD.
Responding to incidents, suspicions and allegations of abuse involving children and vulnerable adults
These procedures aim to strike a balance between the need to protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and the need to protect The Army Dance Company LTD’s employees, teachers, students, visitors and dance members from false allegations.
2.2 It is not the responsibility of anyone working at The Army Dance Company LTD. in a paid or voluntary capacity to decide whether a child or vulnerable adult is being abused or might be abused, but there is a responsibility to act on their concerns in order that appropriate agencies can then make enquiries and take any necessary action to protect them.
2.3 It is the remit of the appropriate authority and not anyone connected with The Army Dance Company LTD to investigate the incident.
2.4 If an incident, allegation or suspicion of abuse is seen, heard or suspected, the person receiving the information, whether a The Army Dance Company LTD member, teacher, dance student, a member of another organisation with which The Army Dance Company LTD, should follow the procedure below:
- Stop other activity and focus on what they are being told or seeing. Responding to the incident being reported should take immediate priority.
- Where an incident is being reported, react in a calm and considered way but show concern.
- Tell the child, vulnerable adult or third party that it is right for them to share this information.
- Take what the child, vulnerable adult or third party has said seriously and allow extra time if a child or vulnerable adult has a speech difficulty and differences in language.
- Keep questions to an absolute minimum necessary to ascertain a clear and accurate understanding of what has been said but do not interrogate the child, vulnerable adult or third party.
- Listen to the child, vulnerable adult or third party and do not interrupt if they are recounting significant events.
- Offer reassurance to the child or vulnerable adult.
- Do not give assurances of confidentiality but explain you will need to pass on this information to those that need to know.
- Consider whether immediate action is needed to protect any child or vulnerable adult who may be at risk. Think about the child or vulnerable adult who is the immediate concern and any others who may be at risk, in light of what you have been told or seen.
- If a DSO or NSO is not immediately available you should alert the appropriate authority and stay with those you think are at immediate risk until they can be transferred to safe care, where practical.
- Make a comprehensive record of what is said or seen and actions taken at the earliest possible opportunity.
- You should note this record may be used later in a criminal trial and therefore needs to be a) As full and accurate as possible. b) Details of the nature of the incident. c) A description of any injury. Please note that you must not remove the clothing of a child or vulnerable adult to inspect any injuries. d) Dates, times or places and any other information that may be useful. e) Written records including emails and letters.
- The incident should be reported in writing immediately for appropriate action to be taken.
- Remember, safeguarding is everyone’s business and if anyone tells you, or if you see mistreatment or abuse or have concerns about a child, young person or vulnerable adult being harmed or at risk, it is your role to respond sensitively and alert others who have a designated role within The Army Dance Company LTD.
Allegations of abuse against staff members, trainees, volunteers and visitors
- There is evidence that child and adult abuse can take place outside the family setting, including within private and public organisations. Personnel working with children or vulnerable adults in a paid or voluntary capacity may be involved. Abuse occurring in an organisation is rarely an isolated episode. Eos Dance School’s staff should be aware of this and be prepared to respond to any allegation.
- Should a member of staff or anyone involved in an activity within The Army Dance Company LTD or have a concern about the behaviour of another staff member or adult working within The Army Dance Company LTD, even as a visitor, they must report this to the teacher. The teacher will then make a decision regarding how to address the issue, including making a referral to the police, adult protection, children’s social care and or the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO), in England.
- The LADO should be alerted whenever it is alleged that a person who works with children has:
- harmed, or may have harmed a child
- committed or may have committed a criminal offence against children
- proved unsuited to working with children, following their inappropriate behaviour.
- If a member of staff is concerned about their own line manager, then they should report the matter to the Principal, who will make a decision on the course of action.
- Allegations against staff must be taken seriously and be acted upon regardless the nature of the allegation.
Code of behaviour and good practice
3.1 The Army Dance Company LTD Code of behaviour and good practice is meant to give advice on protecting children and vulnerable adults while helping to avoid any practices which could be misinterpreted or lead to false allegations. The Army Dance Company LTD staff members, trainees and students involved in activities on behalf of The Army Dance Company LTD.
which include children and/or vulnerable adults must adhere to the following code:
3.1.2 The Army Dance Company LTD staff members, trainees, students and visitors must treat with respect all children and vulnerable adults, respecting their rights to personal privacy.
3.1.3 The Army Dance Company LTD staff members, trainees, students, and visitors to must be aware that any physical contact with a child or young person may be misinterpreted. Where this is required, it should be provided openly in front of other students. It must be made clear that physical touching is required for correctional purposes only.
3.1.4 In activities, feedback should always be constructive and the language used not threatening or upsetting. 3.1.5 Unobserved contact with a young person or vulnerable adult should be avoided, unless authorised by a parent or guardian.
3.1.6 If first aid is required, it should be administered by a trained first aider in the presence of another adult, and the Principal should be informed.
3.1.7 Written parental or guardian consent should always be obtained for the use of any photographs, film or videos involving children and vulnerable adults.
3.1.8 In all activities The Army Dance Company LTD Teachers, staff, students and visitors to The Army Dance Company LTD are required to challenge unacceptable behaviour in accordance with what provided by this code of conduct and good practice
3.1.9 Any incidents, allegations or suspicions of abuse should be reported immediately to the teacher/teachers.
3.1.10 In all dealings with children and vulnerable adults, The Army Dance Company LTD staff members, teachers, students, and visitors to The Army Dance Company LTD where appropriate, should never:
- leave children in their care unsupervised
- tolerate bullying of a child by an adult or another child
- form or seek to form relationships of a sexual nature or which may lead to sexual activity (i.e. ’grooming’)
- Disciplining a child or vulnerable adult with physical punishment.
- use harsh criticism
- use alcohol, smoke or take drugs during the working day, including any breaks or when involved in activities with children or vulnerable adults
- facilitate situations where an abuse of trust may occur. Specifically, you should not form a close personal relationships with a child or vulnerable adult, even if they are seeking and are agreeable to such a relationship
- transport a child or vulnerable adult in a personal vehicle unless explicit consent has been given by a parent or guardian or in case of an emergency where the welfare of the child or vulnerable adult is at risk. In such cases, the Principal must be informed.
- let allegations made by a child or vulnerable adult to go unrecorded or omit acting on them.
- carry out personal activities (e.g. washing or dressing) for a self-sufficient child or vulnerable adult, except when this becomes necessary to avoid discomfort. If a child has a disability, such tasks should only be performed with the full understanding and consent of and, where possible, assistance from the parents or carers. A vulnerable adult may be able to consent for themselves.
Photography and filming of children and/or vulnerable adults
No unauthorised filming or photography is allowed during The Army Dance Company LTD activities without written or witnessed consent from the parent or guardian of children and vulnerable adults.The person requesting filming, photographing or recording should explain the purposes for which any images or recordings will be used. This applies to both children and vulnerable adults.
In relation to photography and recording images of children, the good practice guidelines listed below should be adhered to. This measure is meant to avoid the risk of manipulation and inappropriate use of photographs or footage of young and disabled children and young people.
- All young people and vulnerable adults featured in photographs or recordings must be appropriately dressed for the activity they are undertaking
- Wherever possible, images of the young people and vulnerable adults should be recorded in small groups and focus on the activity
- Storage and dissemination of the photographs or video material must be carefully considered.
Safeguarding Children at events or activities
The events your child would participate in may include:
- Those open to adults and children of all ages ( competitions / performances)
- Those for children accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Those for children accompanied by a chaperone
All teachers, members of staff and the director of The Army Dance Company LTD will all be DBS checked under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, this allows your child/children to be still be able to attend the events/performances that some parent/guardians may not be able to attend.
Policy on the prevention of bullying
We will NOT tolerate the bullying of children either by other adults or children. If any incident of child- on-child bullying should arise at The Army Dance Company LTD, those involved will be separated immediately and the parents of the children involved will be asked to deal with the matter.
Managing behaviour, discipline, and acceptable restraint
Any unacceptable behaviour at Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD/The Army Dance Co. events, performances, or during class where parents/guardians are not present will be stopped by separating the children from each other. The children involved will be suitably supervised and will be returned as soon as possible to the care of their parents and the teacher/teachers will then inform the parents of their child’s behaviour.
The Army Dance Company LTD staff, teachers or visitors under investigation
Should an employee, visitor or teacher of The Army Dance Company LTD be under investigation by a third party or an appropriate authority for actions affecting their suitability to work with children and vulnerable adults, any relevant information must be reported to the director.
The person under investigation will be prevented from working with children and vulnerable adults through The Army Dance Company LTD.
A further course of action will be then evaluated and implemented by The Army Dance Company LTD and relevant records stored appropriately.
Review of policy and procedures
The Policy will be reviewed by the Safeguarding Working Group annually or more frequently in response to new legislation or where an incident has occurred that requires an adjustment to processes within. It will be reviewed as per the Terms of reference in consultation with and externally where it is considered necessary.
Safegaurding Policy (Under 18’s)
The Army Dance Company
- Classes run under Beckie Hughes/Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD.
1a) Throughout these terms and conditions when we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘the Company’ etc. we are referring to Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD and beckiehughes.com. When we refer to ‘you child’ we are referring to the user or browser of this website, or the class/workshop/performance/event paying participant. These are the Terms and Conditions of use of the Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD website beckiehughes.com (“the website”) operated by Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD (“Body by Beckie”).
1b) This forms a legally binding contract between us and you as a parent/guardian accepting these conditions on your child(s) behalf, which is effective from the date of accepting this form or any class. By browsing or using the website you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
1c) If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or any part of them, your child should stop using the website immediately or do not accept at the end of this form on their behalf.
1d) Beckie Hughes, Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd will not be liable for any losses incurred by your child in connection with your use of the website, for any delay in using or your child’s inability to use the website, for any information or products obtained through the website or for any material posted to the website by users of the website.
1e) Beckie Hughes’s website is for your child’s own personal and non-commercial use. Your child may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from the website.
- All contents of the website, including any software, are protected by intellectual property rights and other related rights.
2a) No part of the website may be reproduced in any form (electronically or otherwise) without prior consent of Beckie Hughes other than temporarily in the course of using online ticket booking.
2b) Your child is not permitted to link to or use all or any part of Beckie Hughes’s website for any reason which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable and, in particular, your child(s) is not permitted to transmit anything which in Beckie Hughes’s opinion harms our business or in any way offends other users or persons.
2c) Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD cannot be held responsible for the content of any third party sites directly or indirectly linked to us. Access to these sites is at your child(s) own risk. Please advise us if your child(s) consider any linked pages to be inappropriate, illegal or offensive.
2d) Beckie Hughes makes no representation, endorsement or warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained in the website. To the best of our knowledge the information on the website is accurate and correct. We reserve the right to cancel or change the time of any class, workshop, performance, event or studio showing and will do our best to keep the information on the website accurate and up to date.
2e) Like all web publishers, Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD has no control over the Internet and the method by which your child(s) will access the website. As a consequence and in common with most web publishers Beckie Hughes takes no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through the website. Your child(s) are not permitted to alter Beckie Hughes’s website in any way or post onto or transmit to the site, any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of computer or telecommunications equipment.
- These terms and conditions relate to the booking of, online, over the phone or with Beckie Hughes (in class), and attendance of courses, drop-in classes, workshops and performances:
3a) All courses, classes, workshops and performances are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class or workshop by Beckie Hughes and will not be issued for situations out with our control.
3b) Cancellations for workshops must be requested two days prior to workshop date. Cancellations for drop- in classes must be requested one hour prior to start time. If your child(s) wishes to change or cancel a class, Beckie Hughes must be informed at least 48 hours before. When cancelling a class, credit will not be issued for the remaining number of weeks when paying a bulk payment unless the reason is classed as a ‘life event’ decided by Beckie Hughes (for example, moving house location).
3c) Drop-in classes booked through Beckie Hughes online or at class are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class or workshop by the teacher and will not be issued for situations out with our control. Concessionary rates cannot be given without proof of eligibility.
3d) Please ensure that your child(s) arrive in plenty of time (10 minutes before) for your child(s) class/workshop/performance/event, as latecomers may not be admitted due to health and safety risks if a warm up is missed.
3e) Participants take classes at their own risk. Please inform reception and your child(s) teacher of any medical condition that may affect your child(s) participation. We may require a doctor’s confirmation that your child(s) participation is approved.
3f) Beckie Hughes will not be liable in any way if a performance, class or workshop is abandoned after more than half of it has taken place due to any factors which are beyond our reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control: (i) Weather: earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog, snow or frost; (ii) Force Majeure which includes war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, embargoes, perils of the air, local disputes and civil commotions; (iii) Power failure and failure of sound or lighting equipment.
- These terms and conditions relate to paying by instalments:
4a) All customers paying by instalments must provide their full name, postal address and current telephone number, completion of your online transaction is taken as confirmation of the agreement. If you’re booking on behalf of someone else, you can pay for their course by instalments too but only by using your own credit/debit card.
4b) Payments may also be taken directly from Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD on a monthly/termly bases through an online secure payment system (Sripe.com). The payment method you decide is your decision as the Parent/Guardian.
4c) The normal refunds & exchanges policy still applies when paying by instalments. You must pay all of the instalments regardless of whether or not your child(s) completes the course/attend all classes or receive a credit.
4d) Instalment Agreement:
With Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD.
The customer authorises Beckie Hughes to charge their card with the specified amounts on the given dates detailed on the product details page in respect of their dance course.
The customer understands that this authority in favour of Beckie Hughes will remain in force until such time as they cancel or change the membership subscription it in writing in a email to Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD at least 1 month before.
The customer understands that the standard refund policy still applies and that even if a credit is issued for any part of the course they must still make all of the repayments according to the agreed schedule.
5a) Notification of cancelled classes must be in excess of 48 hours from the session start time via telephone or email. A session without giving notice will result in the forfeiting of that session.
5b) All classes will start at the discussed and pre-arranged session time. Failure to provide adequate notice of private classes will incure in a cancellation fee covering the price of the class you paid for at a single-session rate or a loss of that session from your pre-paid block.
5c) Any lost time due to late arrival will not be made up at the end of the session. In the case of the teacher falling ill or being unable to teach the class, the class will be cancelled and rearranged.
5d) Payments must be made in full before class. Any unpaid payments will result in the student being unable to attend any future classes with Beckie Hughes or Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD. I have read and agree to all of Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD’s rules and regulations.
- REFUNDS AND PAYMENTS:
6a) All payments are non-refundable and all classes must be used within the package time. If classes are not used within this time due to inactivity, classes will not be refunded and deemed void.
6b) Failure to pay any outstanding balance will result in permanent exclusion from Beckie Hughes and may result in legal action.
6c) Termination of any programme before starting will not be refunded. If payments of classes are not made, there will be three payment warnings sent to your emails. Failure to make payment on time, will result in a penalty payment of £2 a day out of your account.
7a) Any abusive or threatening behaviour towards our staff or clients will not be tolerated and will result in your child(s) being asked to leave the premises forfeiting any remaining balance you may have and legal action may be taken.
7b) Damage to property either intentional or accidently may result in you being charged for repair and/or replacement on your child’s behalf.
PLEASE NOTE: Your responses will of course be kept in the strictest confidence & all details will be protected under the Data Protection act of 1998. Please sign your name below to agree that you have read the above information and agree to the terms and conditions.
Please accept when you have read and agree with these terms and conditions above.
- Injury & Risk
8a) I/we realize that participation in dance classes and activities could result in some possible personal injury. Despite precautions being taken by the studio, accidents and injuries may occur. By signing this release form, I/we (parent/guardian) assume all risks related to the use of any and all spaces used by Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD or Beckie Hughes.
8b) I/we agree to release from responsibility, Beckie Hughes, Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD or the chosen studio space including all teachers, dancers, staff members, and facilities used by both entities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future.
8c) I/we will not hold Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD or Beckie Hughes liable for any personal injury including: scrapes, bruises, cuts, sprains, fractures, broken bones, concussions or death or any personal property damage/loss, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes.
9a) I/We agree that the initial trial class will be a cost of £8-£10, and after the trial class, all participants MUST become members through www.beckiehughes.com/dance. Please note, membership starts and finishes on the date that you pay/sign up.
9b) There will be no difference in the monthly membership price. After you upgrade your child(s) membership, please be aware that membership runs on a pro-rata system. Upgrading your child(s) membership midway through the current month will result in the additional charge for the amount of time left over of the month, which will be added to your reoccurring bill the following month. After this, all monthly payments will be the standard membership price you have selected on the same day every month.
- The Facility
10a) Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/ my chid(s) behaviour in addition to any damage i/my child(s) cause to the facilities utilized by Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD or Beckie Hughes.
- Conduct and Conditions:
11a) I understand that Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD is a licensed, accredited and insured organization. In the event that I/we should observe any unsafe conduct or conditions before, during or after my/our classes, I/we agree to report the unsafe conduct or conditions to Beckie Hughes, owner, the administrator, instructors or staff members as soon as possible.
11b) I the parent/guardian agree that children must be willing to want to learn, progress and not disrupt the class or other students. In the case of a child displaying that they do not want to participate in classes, Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd has the right to hold a formal conversation about this and the possibility to remove your child from classes and the company in future.
11c) I understand that classes are for fun, practice, progression, dance, health so absolutely no child may be left by a parent or guardian as a means of childcare. A positive attitude and open mind from all students is extremely important from every student/dancer.
- Adult Environment & Language.
12a) I/we accept and agree for my child to participate, given the knowledge that classes are catered towards adults 18+ so language used in music/in class/by other dancers, the expression of the dance and the movement style may not suit an environment for children( Please note: this only applies to classes from ages 12+, all dances and music will be strictly and carefully controlled in classes from ages 4-11)
12b) By allowing my child to go to classes (ages 12+), I/we take full responsibility of any inappropriate language or alternative choreography styles used in class and give my child permission to learn any choreography to any music that Beckie Hughes (Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD) teaches.
12c) In the event of a ‘mega crew’/company performance/shows which will involve all age groups, I/we accept and agree for my child to participate and although language used in music/in class/by other dancers will be strictly and carefully controlled for your reassurance, Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd and it’s teachers do not hold responsibility over any overheard language, the expression of the adult dances and the movement style may not suit an environment for children. By allowing my child to go to classes, I/we take full responsibility of any inappropriate language.
- Photography and Video.
13a) give permission for my/my son/daughter’s photographs/videos to be used for publicity and advertising in the studio, on www.beckiehughes.com, other websites, social media, and in the community.
- Leaving and premises
14a) I am happy for my child to make their own way home without needing to be picked up by a responsible adult from within the building (age 8+). Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd takes no responsibility for any child after they have left the premises on their own accord. If yourself (parent/guardian) do not give permission for your child to leave the premises alone without being picked up from the dance studio indoors directly from the teacher, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org at which we will contact you back regarding your chosen mode of transport home safely for your child. By not receiving an email, we assume you have taken full responsibility and give permission for your child to make their own way home and Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd, all staff, teachers, members, or anyone else involved will not be responsible.
14b) I agree that Beckie Hughes/Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD and any other teachers within the premises are not responsible for the anyone as soon as they have left the building/studio and will not take responsibility for students once class has finished.
14c) I understand that children under the age of 8 MUST be picked up from inside the building by a responsible adult and must not leave until signed out to the dance teacher. I agree for my child to leave the premises safely with a responsible Parent/Guardian. No dancer of any age, once leaving the premises is under the responsibility of Beckie Hughes/Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd or any dancers or teachers within the facility.
- Rules and Regulations
15a) Absolutely no parents or friends are allowed in class to watch except on designated viewing days. Food and/or chewing gum is NOT allowed in studios. Water is encouraged.
15b) Please be ready on time for class meaning: hair, clothing, and shoes are on and ready before class begins. The trainers worn in class should be comfortable to dance in. Please ensure your child comes 10-15 minutes before to pay prior to the class to save time as dancers must leave as soon as session time is over unless you have paid online. (Due to the following class taking place after ours). Students are required to have fun.
15c)Clothing = opt for any comfortable clothing with zero injury hazard such as leggings, t-shirt. I understand that Beckie Hughes Fitness LTD is not a professional dance school. I also understand that classes have fun, fitness and confidence as the main priorities meaning no technical grading for current students.
15d) Students under the age of 8 are not to be left unattended before their class starts! Please do not enter studios before designated class time out of respect for the class in session. Refunds will not be permitted after this date we assume students will be continuing with us. Exceptions for medical emergencies and small children.
15e) Failure to attend class signing in before starting time,may result in the dancer not being able to complete the warm up and therefore, legally being turned away at the door and declined from taking part due to inadequate health and safety.
- VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
16a) Before using any equipment you must sign by clicking ‘accept’ below to agree that you are satisfied that you have been shown how to use the machinery safely by a member of staff, or you have proof of knowledge and are capable of using it. Beckie Hughes/Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd, dancers and teachers are not responsible for any incidents that happen during classes and the responsibility of an accident will be under the student.
16b) I recognise that Beckie Hughes/Beckie Hughes Fitness Ltd, dancers and teachers are not able to provide me with any medical advice with regard to my/my child(s) medical health and that the information is used as a guideline to the limitations of my/my child(s) ability to exercise safely. I/parent/guardian agree that it is my responsibility to ensure I/my child(s) train correctly and I/my child(s) will do so at my own risk.
16c) I also state that I/parent/guardian agree to participate in activities which may include aerobic exercise, resistance exercise and stretching. I/parent/guardian realise that my/my child(s) participation in these activities involves the risk to my/my child(s) physical health and safety if not done correctly. I state that Beckie Hughes Fitness is not liable for any injuries or illnesses caused. Furthermore I hereby confirm that I am voluntarily engaging in an acceptable level of exercise which has been recommended to me/my child(s).
16d)I further understand that it is Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited’s recommendation that you/your child(s) consult a physician prior to using any equipment on the premises, engaging in any exercise programme or activity, or undertaking any food or diet programme, whether or not such programme or movement is recommended by Beckie Hughes Fitness. I understand that any nutritional/mindset advice and information my teacher/trainer has given me/my child(s) is a guide only and not a substitute for a dietician meal plan.
16e) I agree to pay Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited ALL withstanding payments within the service time (e.g. monthly payment for classes).Failure to do so, will result in a possible ban for me/my child(s) from class until payments are made, and an additional daily late payment fee.
16f)I agree NOT to disclose or reteach the 1-1 information/class choreography/service plans of working with Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited and to direct all outsiders to Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited themselves.
16g)I formally agree NOT to disclose or discuss prices or plans with other members/parent/guardians or any other external bodies. Also, i formally agree not to share choreography and in other in house ideas with external bodies.
16h) Any 1-1 information, training plans, nutritional advice, mindset practices must NOT be discussed with any other trainer, client, or individual outside of Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited (this does not apply to dance classes).
16i) I agree for me/my child(s) participate positively with other members of the team inside and outside of classes, with no negative/profound discussion or conflict.
16j) I understand that Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited is not responsible for any mental/emotional disorders or illnesses and may redirect a client to the correct professional if necessary to do so.
16k)I agree that breaking any of the above terms and conditions allows Beckie Hughes Fitness Limited to terminate my/my child(s) contract without any refund or notice.
17a) Wristbands are strictly for members only and will be your/your child(s) access key to classes. You/your child(s) MUST wear your/their wristband to every class.
17b) Any wristbands lost will result in a fine of your monthly membership subscription amount, due to the assumption that you/your child(s) have misused it, used someone else’s or given your/their own wristband to any participants regardless of whether they are members/non members to attend class.
17c) You/Your child(s) and any participant who has misused the wristband will be fined immediately and directly from your account(s) and will be banned from future classes with no warning.
I have read and understood the terms and conditions above and agree to abide by them. I have answered all the above questions to the best of my ability on my/my child(s) behalf and understand the advice.
Your responses will of course be kept in the strictest confidence & all details will be protected under the Data Protection act of 1998. Please accept below to agree that you have read the above information and agree to the terms and conditions.